Sunday, February 20, 2011

Night and Light

Painting with Light- I turned off all the lights in my apartment at night and shown a flashlight at the camera. It took a lot of different tries to get the right amount of light in the right position. I finally got the technique right and painted "Love" in this picture and "Hope" in the other. Hope's "e" got messed up because its hard to write backwards in a quick amount of time.


Moving light capture. I drove out in the dunes area of Idaho so I could get complete darkness without building lights. I then set my camera on my car (because I don't have a tripod yet) and opened the shutter for 30 seconds. In that 30 seconds I was able to get enough of the moon's moves to get it to blur on night sky. I hoped that get a clearer night but getting the streets through the clouds gave a nice effect.

1.Canon Rebel xs, f/11, Ex 10 sec, ISO-200, Focal 29mm
2.Canon Rebel xs, f/29, Ex 10 sec, ISO-200, Focal 29mm
3.Canon Rebel xs, f/5.6, Ex 30sec, ISO-800, Focal 46mm

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I like your moon night shot. Did you have to adjust it at all? it looks cool. I like the detail in the clouds and it really sets a mood. good job. I also liked how versatile your templates are. I could see how you could easily change out the pictures and still have a great work of art. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete