Sunday, February 27, 2011

Action Blur & Freeze

Too Close for Comfort
The beautiful Kelsi Jones is my model for the next two portraits. My biggest mistake is that you can't see her beautiful face in either picture! Here is a shot in the historical hotel. I left the shutter open for about 15 seconds and had Kelsi start close to the camera and then back up and move around while the shutter closes. Then in Adobe Bridge I heightened the black paint and shadows present in the photo
Canon Rebel xs, f 8, exposure 15, ISO-800, Focal 18mm
Topsy Snow
Kelsi gave new meaning to the word Freeze frame as she twirled in the snow and icy streets. This is my favorite out of many freeze shots because you can see the movement not only in her coat, but also in her hair caught in the wind as well. Her extended gloves gives the stark difference of color in the winter wash out. I lightened the picture with PhotoShop to give the difference of Kelsi and the blown out background.
Canon Rebel xs, f 9, Exposure 1/500, ISO-200, Focal 55 mm

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Great job on your ghost image! It's totally creepy. That's a difficult shot to pull off so congratulations! I guess a 15 sec shot should do it though. I like the edits you made bring out the black in the walls. I also really like the HDR shot of the stairs! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete