Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flora & Fauna

I was in the gardens on campus when I saw this first seedling sitting on a branch. Gives me hope for spring!
This is my niece's and nephews dog Theodore. Theodore is well loved and plays all day long. When the kids go to bed he crashes as well. Such a sweet puppy!

I really wanted to get some flower shots for this project so I ran down to the local flower shop and they let me go into their storage room and have free range of all their new plants! It was cold in there, but so much fun. The aroma alone was enough to give me a boost during the winter.

First seed- Canon EOS Digital Rebel xs, f/5.6, ISO-200
Poor Theo- Canon EOS Digital Rebel xs, f/5.6, ISO-400
Flower Shop-Canon EOS Digital Rebel xs, f/4, ISO-400


2 comments:

  1. I really like that last flower photo. You have a real nice depth of field on it, and you used the rule of thirds very well. The photo of the dog is great too. I feel like you captured the sleepy emotion well with the lighting- dark in the back with only the dog's face visible. Your editing turned out nice too- good job with the vibrant colors on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the dog is great! You got a nice angle and perspective for that picture. The flowers are also really great as well. The color that you were able to capture is very captivating and the depth of field in it is great.
    The photo of the branch is great. It may be just a tad dark. I still think it should be a dark photo because of the mood you're trying to set but maybe just a tad brighter would really make it pop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete